Fabric CD Visor
I got a new car this week! I’ve always wanted a Volkswagen Beetle and I finally got one. So I decided to make something to personalize it a little bit. I noticed right away that I wasn’t going to have anywhere to put my cd’s. So when I came across this tutorial online, I knew I had to try it. I modified mine a little bit by using less sleeves and I didn’t have any bias tape so I just used fabric. The hardest part was sewing the border pieces over the pockets because they are so bulky. I ended up having to take the stitches out a couple of times because they weren’t straight enough… Next time I’ll try it with the tape. I’ve never used bias tape before but it might have made all the difference.
If you’ve been following my recent posts you’ve probably noticed already that I used pretty much all of the fabric that I already own to make this. I didn’t have enough money to go out and buy new stuff for this particular project but that’s what makes this project so neat… because you don’t need large pieces, so you can just use all the scrap pieces you have piling up.
So, not only was I able to use the fabric I already had, it is simple to make, functional, and it added some character to my new VW Beetle. I love it!