The Versatile Blogger Award!
Thank you so much MillieMuppet for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
How it works
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
15 7 Deserving Blogger Nominations
It’s hard for me to come up with 15 blogs to nominate because most of the blogs I follow focus on one topic… usually nails. For this award, I tried to picked blogs that I love, that also blog about many different things. I hope nobody minds too much that I cheated.
7 Interesting Things About Myself
I already did this with the One Lovely Blog Award. So for this one I will list 7 of my favorite things.
1. My favorite colors are gray, teal, and navy.
2. My favorite games are the old 80’s adventure computer games. A while back my fiance and I donated money to a kickstarter campaign to fund a remake of Leisure Suit Larry by Al Lowe. It’s finally done and I’ve just started playing it again. Some of my other favorites include: Kings Quest, Monkey Island, Space Quest, Police Quest and Quest for Glory.
3. My favorite tv shows are: Game of Thrones, Survivor, The Walking Dead, Dr. Who and HGTV Design Star. I record them so I can fast forward through the commercials.
4. I don’t listen to local radio stations unless I’m forced to. I listen to spotify, pandora and satellite radio. I am proud to say I’ve never heard a Justin Beiber song in my life and if I did, I didn’t know it was him. I like singer/songwriters with unique voices. Some of my favorites are: Radiohead, Tool, Florence and the Machine, Daughter, Lana Del Ray, Pink Floyd, Regina Spektor… and lots more. I love songs that can convey so much emotion they bring me to tears.
5. My favorite audio book is “Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline because it’s the most unique story I’ve ever read. It combines some of my favorite things: 80’s pop culture, games, virtual reality, treasure hunts, and a good love story.
6. My favorite fruit is avocado. It’s good on burgers, guacamole, sushi, salads, sandwiches or even just plain with some salt. If I could only pick one fruit to eat the rest of my life, it would be avocado.
7. My favorite food is sushi. There are so many different flavor combinations. I remember when I thought sushi sounded disgusting. I never thought I would be one to like it. The thought of eating raw fish was revolting. But after trying it, I found that for one thing… you don’t have to have raw fish in your sushi. You can get fried shrimp, soft-shell crab, spicy tuna, or broiled eel. Eel happens to be my favorite selection, it has a surprisingly sweet taste. Raw tuna and other raw fish don’t have strong flavors, they absorb the flavors of the food and sauces surrounding them and they have an aftertaste that is refreshing.