Liebster Award Nomination
Wow another award nomination! Thank you five7and2 from The Wanderland Experience for nominating me!
I have to admit. I’ve seen this award going around and I had no idea what Liebster even meant! So I had to look up the definition. It’s a German word… translated to English it means sweetheart, beloved person, darling. What a nice compliment ❤
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
2. Answer the ten questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers you like and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let them know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them!
The Questions I was Asked
1. What is your “go-to” song?
I have many, but to name one… I will go with “Human of the Year” by Regina Spektor because I love the tempo and the emotions I feel when I listen to it.
2. If you could pick one color to represent you, what and why?
Teal. I’m not really sure why but I am drawn to this color.
3. Indie or mainstream?
Both. The songs that I like would probably fall under both categories and are usually not sought out for a specific genre. I like singer songwriters with unique voices, songs with beautiful instrumentals and songs that draw out emotion.
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I have so many. My childhood was the best part of my life. To choose one I would have to go with playing jailbreak on my block with the other kids in the neighborhood. My family and I lived on a small block where everyone knew each other well. My house had a small front porch and that was where the jail was. We played so much, we came up with different strategies and plans of attack, we even made maps of the area. It was so much fun.
5. What is your biggest fear?
Failure and the unknown.
6. Have you ever secretly crushed on a friends beau?
I had a crush on a boy for most of my adolescents. He was someone who hung out in the same group of friends that I did, so he was as much my friends as everyone elses. He dated one of our friends for a while but it wasn’t a secret that I liked him. Everyone knew. I got my chance eventually but it didn’t last long because he just wanted to stay friends. Later on in life when I was in my 20’s the tables turned… to bad for him, my feelings had changed long ago.
7. Going to the movie theater or renting a movie?
The theater. I usually like it when there is no one else there but there are some movies that bring the whole audience together in moments of fear and/or laughter. Plus the theater that I go to has soft pretzels with cheese and it’s just an excuse to go have one.
8. What would be a perfect day for you (morning to night)?
Waking up on a perfectly sunny day at a luxurious hotel with my fiance in an exotic location and a spread of breakfast food to choose from. After that we will go walking to different shops, where I am able to spend money on whatever I want. I would love to go scuba diving and swim with dolphins and observe all the beautiful sea creatures and the coral reefs. Lunch with a gorgeous view of the water. Then go out onto a cruiser boat. Then get dressed up and go out to a show or event for dinner. And then watch the sunset with champagne. A day with no worries and no stress.
9. What can you be caught doing at home when you think you’re alone?
Probably singing and dancing
10. If given the chance, would you want to go back and “fix” anything?
There are some things in life that I regret but I would not go back and fix them because the experiences and the lessons I’ve learned are invaluable.
My 10 Nominees
1. Kitsu from Buy All the Colors
2. Ten Little Canvases
3. Olivia from Eye Have a lot of Feelings
4. Amber from Paris and New York
5. Our Painted World
6. Vera from Avec Veritas
7. G.E. Gallas
8. Ginger from Ginger Loves Make-up
9. Nail Artisan
Questions for My Nominees
1. What is your favorite book or author?
2. What flower would you say represents you and why?
3. Are you a dog or a cat person?
4. What is the one possession you couldn’t live without?
5. What would you do if you won 100 million dollars in the lottery?
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you bring with you and why?
7. What actor would play you in the movie of your life?
8. What is your favorite television show?
9. What was your favorite television show as a child?
10. What song or sound do you have as your ringtone?