I’ve taken a break from nail art and polymer clay for now. That seems to be the way it is with me. I get obsessed with something, and then after a while I lose interest. I truly do enjoy doing both things and I have no doubt I will do them again.
But I can’t go for long with out doing something creative with my time. I think it’s probably been about 5 years since I’ve done and portraits in photoshop. I’ve done a few drawing over the passed few days and I can already see myself improving. So far they’ve just been random and I figured I should probably do a series. So, I am going to do portraits of my family.
This first one is of my niece, Ashlyn.
I got the urge to draw again recently. I drew this with pencil and marker and then I scanned it in and added color and did some manipulating in photoshop. Someone told me my shading was off but I don’t really care if it’s perfect… it’s all in good fun.
Things seem to be looking up for once! I was able to put my notice in at work today because I got an email over my lunch break, accepting me for a job that falls under my graphic design degree. It’s not the most glamorous job in the world but it’s a foot in the door!
There are so many reasons why this news makes me sooo happy!
1. I don’t have to work on my feet for 8 hours a day anymore. (it’s really wearing on my body).
2. I have weekends off.
3. My fiance and I can afford to buy a house.
4. No more hair nets, aprons, work uniform, food production, costumer service, unreliable co-workers.
5. I get to wear my hair anyway I want it and paint my nails!
6. No more looking for a job! (this is a huge weight off my shoulders).
7. and don’t have to move to another city.
Those are the most important ones that I can think of at the moment. I’m sure the list could go on and on if I put more thought into it… but you get the idea.
My birthday is in two days, I could not think of a better birthday present. This day marks the beginning of a new stage in my life and it’s way over due!