One Lovely Blog Award
I am thrilled to say I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Booni Blog, written by two lovely girls and their adventures in Dubai. Thank you so much for nominating me, you made my day! 😀
Rules of the OLB Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
3. Share seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers.
5. Inform the nominees by posting on their blog.
7 things about me:
1. I recently graduated from college with a degree in graphic design and am now designing and editing ads for a local newspaper. It’s a great way to start my career because I get to design ads for many local brands. I really enjoy the work I do but I aspire to move on to bigger and better things someday.
2. I love anything art and design related. I am interested in graphic design, illustration, photography, interior design, sewing, nail art, I even designed digital clothing for an online virtual world called second life for many years. I still sell my clothing there and the extra income is a nice bonus each month! You can view all of my art here on my web portfolio.
3. I used to have a fashion blog called demina fashion where I featured digital clothing by different designers in second life. Second Life is a virtual world with it’s own economy and everything in it is built by the people in it. I eventually lost interest and I didn’t have enough time or dedication to continue but it was a lot of fun while it lasted.
4. I have an audio book obsession. It started a year and a half ago and I now have over 80 books in my audio library. Some people think that it’s cheating to listen to a book rather then reading it but I think the importance of a book is the story, not to prove I can read… It’s a different experience when you listen to a book. “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett, for example, is read by 5 people. Each person does multiple voices and it’s almost like listening to a movie being acted out, only you get to use your imagination instead. I recommend listening to it… I know I have, more then once. My favorite book is “Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline. I recommend this one as well.
5. I have the most wonderful man in the world and I am thankful for him every day. We’ve been together 7 1/2 years and our love grows stronger with each passing day. He still tells me I’m beautiful all the time and treats me like a princess. We are very lucky to have found each other. He is addicted to learning and I admire him greatly for it. Even though he doesn’t have time to go to school, he takes free classes on Coursera online. He’s learning computer programming. He is also interested in philosophy and his next goal is to study mathematics. He’s always reading at least 2 books at a time. I am so proud of my little nerd! We are engaged and have no plans of marriage or children yet. We are not at all traditional people and see no reason to rush things.
6. I have a twin sister who is exactly opposite of me in every way. We were attached at the hip (not literally) until about 20 years of age. After that we grew apart and it helped me to discover who I am as an individual. There are three questions people ask me whenever they find out I am a twin. 1. Are you identical? No. 2. Can you sense each others pain? No. 3. Who’s older? My mom had a c-section but I was taken out first, therefore I am older by less then a minute.
7. I have written journals since I was 8 years old. It’s a big part of my life. It’s amazing to be able to look back on my life and remember myself at different ages. It scares me to think that after I am gone, strangers might be reading my personal thoughts and feelings. But it is probably the best gift I have ever given to myself.
My 7 One Lovely Blog Award nominations:
I decided to nominate my favorite nail art blogs.
In no particular order:
Thank you for your dedication and inspiration, I appreciate you!